PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Employment Opportunity (Public Relations Supervisor)
||Public Relations Supervisor
||Public Affairs Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Public Affairs Manager, responsible for supervising customer service representatives and the volunteer ambassador program. Provides technical support through written communication pieces for social media, newsletter, press releases, and other publications.
- Supervise, schedule, and handle day to day personnel issues of
- Researches, interviews and writes all types of public relations
- Design and prepare the weekly discount fares e-newsletter and r
- Coordinate the production of employee newsletters, assign stori
- Implement departmental communication plan for the management of
- Serve as a liaison to the Airport Regional Asset program to pro
- Plan and coordinate employee relations events and employee-rela
- Participate in media relations: expanding list, pitching storie
- Attend and provide support for various press conferences, airpo
- Community Affairs liaison for all Airport Authority events, suc
- Serve as a Security Liaison for all Ambassadors;
- Oversee the Ambassador Escort Program;
- Train interns for the Communications Department’s as part of th
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required;
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing/communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Two years of related experience.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
- Considerable ability to:
- communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- prepare clear, concise and comprehensive written documents in English;
- write and edit for publications, news releases and other communications in the Associated Press style
- manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- maintain confidentiality;
- use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access;
- Considerable organizational skills, and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Considerable interpersonal skills; tactful, mature, fair and consistent
- Considerable knowledge of general office practices and techniques;
- Proficient in interpersonal communications and public speaking skills
April 26, 2013 TO May 3, 2013
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Allegheny County Airport Authority, Pittsburgh International Airport. Attn: Human Resources, Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezzanine P.O. Box 12370, Pittsburgh, PA 15231-0370
EOE / M / F / D / V